Can I obtain Federal registration for my foreign trademark?

The answer is likely yes.  The US is one of the largest markets in the world and for an expanding business it is important to ensure your protections are in place. As long as the country you are from is part of a trademark convention with the United States or is reciprocal to US citizens, you can use your foreign registration or application as a basis to file with the Federal government. The foreign filing you are using as a basis for your new US application must have been filed in your country of origin. Foreign applicants are allowed to file as long as they have an intent to use their trademark and may use the date of filing on their foreign application or registration as their date of filing on the US application. Do not forget to provide translations for all required foreign documents and it may also be a good idea to appoint a domestic representative, someone familiar with this process that will likely be foreign to you such as a licensed attorney.

This blog is not legal advice and is not specific to your application. You should always consult an attorney.